July 2023 in review
My monthly series
This is the ninth post in my Month in review series.
I got a New Mexico license plate on my car.
I got my New Mexico driver’s license.
I’ve been attending martial arts classes for about a month.
The theme of the month is: integration.
I joined an Aikido club and I’ve been attending training sessions enthusiastically.
I find many similarities between Aikido and Parkour: the efficiency of movement, economy of energy, and flow.
I like the principles and methods of Aikido. The movements of Aikido are precise, intellectual, gentle, fast adapting, well timed, and coordinated. Aikido is a martial art in which the goal is to neutralize an attack energy while protecting the attacker and the defender from injury and pain.
- Watching the Supermoon moonrise (July 3rd).
- Visit to Madrid, NM.
- Riya’s first belly dancing performance, Seed to Flower, at Pomegranate Studio.
- Barbie movie première at Violet Crown Cinema.
- Barbie themed party at someone’s house.
- Hosting Riya’s Chinese Cuisine dinner with neighboors.
- Cocktails at Coyote Cafe.
- Burlesque show with Zircus Erotique.
- Watched the movie Delhi-6 with Riya, learned a lot about Indian culture and daily life.
- Lunch at Farmer’s Market at the Santa Fe Railyard.
- Visited the New Mexico History Museum.
- Solo day hike on Tesuque Peak and Lake Peak in the Sangre de Cristo mountains.